Friday, August 13, 2010

it all started..


with my mom. My obsession with baking goes a long way back, all 25 years. I started "helping" my mom bake as soon as I could stand up on a chair next to her in the kitchen. She would always let me do what I could & in the process, I started to love to bake as much as she did. I was the kid in class whose mom always sent the best baked goods for school parties! Our specialty has always our roll-out sugar cookies. Trust me, they are super yummy! Between the two of us, it is quite possible that we own every cookie cutter ever made. Between birthdays, holidays, the A&H show, etc, she showed me how to bake everything from cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, & yes, cupcakes. I really love to bake with my mom. She was a great teacher & it meant a lot of quality time together. Unfortunately, as I get older & live far away, we don't get to do this very often anymore. But when we do, it's a familiar routine that we slide right into. Someday it will be awesome to watch her teach my future daughter the same way she taught me!

No comments:

Post a Comment