Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby Boys

It seems every pregnant woman I know or hear of lately is having a boy! Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE boys :), but sometimes it's hard for this princess to wrap her head around blue decorating! My cousin Bobbi (one of the above mentioned pregnant women), teaches at the high school in College Station & was helping throw one of her fellow pregnant teachers a baby shower. Bobbi is normally a super baker (duh, she's related!), but due to the fact that she's 8 months pregnant, she called me! Bobbi requested 48 full size cupcakes, half chocolate, half yellow buttermilk, all with blue buttercream icing. For decorating, Bobbi wanted very simple, flat iced with clear sugar sprinkles & white sugar pearls.
I had just purchased the Cricut Cupcake Wrappers cartridge and was itching to use it. I told her that we were going to make wrappers that were onesies, to dress the cupcakes up. Lucky for her, I hadn't tried it out before I suggested it, because it took WAY longer than expected to cut out 48 cupcake wrapper onesies!!
Anyway, they turned out adorable!! And the best part was, because Bobbi felt the need to be around something sweet (yes, me & the cupcakes), she even came over to help decorate!! We had lots of fun decorating & eating the extras, until Drew told us our mouths were blue. O well!!












And meet my cousin Bobbi! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment