Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christmas present!!

So I am very happy to announce that Drew got me one of the things I really wanted on my Christmas list this year. What?, you ask, Bakerellas new book, Cake Pops! 
We were headed to a New Year's Eve party at Drew's friends house in Houston, so of course I immediately had to try something new! I already had red & green candy melts at the house so I picked something out with those colors in mind. I decided to try her Cupcake Pops.In the book, her professionally done pops look like this:
Knowing mine wouldn't be this good on my first try, I got to work! We made our cupcake pops chocolate with cream cheese icing & a mix of vanilla and chocolate candy coating. They weren't as hard as I thought they would be, but definitely more messy than I had imagined! Notice how all her pop sticks are still white? Mine, not so much! So please don't judge, it was my first time! Here are my pops
Yes, those are M&Ms on top!
 
As you can tell, I used all my random, left over Christmas sprinkles!
 
I went ahead & made some regular pops as well. (Really they were the back ups in case my cupcake pops were total fails!)
As you can tell, my taste tester was very excited!!
Anyway, they were a HUGE hit at the party! Yea for a successful first Cupcake Pop try!
And as a side note, compared to Bakerella's website shots, I really need to work on the art in my photography! Her pictures look so much better!! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment