Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to the Cakes

My friend Kara contacted me about cupcakes for a baby shower she was hosting. She needed 2 dozen full size cupcakes, half chocolate, half strawberry. We used my favorite butter cream icing in the colors pink & turquoise.
She wanted two of my flower pots to use as decorations. I still LOVE this flower pots!!
On a side note (and as a slight dig to my husband), notice the ruffle around the top of the pot? Kara was going to use her own bows around the pots, so I didn't make any. I didn't realize this would be a problem until it was time to take pictures of them. They needed something to finish the look. Because I may have a slightly messy craft room & be a tiny bit of a hoarder, I found these ruffles in a drawer left over from making my lamp. Perfect last minute touch! And one of the reasons I don't throw everything away!! (see Drew!)
I just love these piped flowers every time I make them! So pretty & delicate!
Notice the set up today? My friend Jessica Klima is an amazing photographer in the Bryan/College Station area where we live. I have been asking her advice on how to take better pictures. You've already seen her influence with the better lighting & focusing, now I am trying to get better at "staging" the pictures. My real problem is how I have my lighting area jerry-rigged, I don't always have enough room for all the cupcakes! UGH! I am dragging her with me to Hobby Lobby sometime soon to help me get the materials for a better photography stage!
Better photos then before, but still not as great as I want them to be! I guess that's why my focus is cupcakes & not actual photography!!

No comments:

Post a Comment