Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary to US!


Drew & I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on September 26. We decided to head to our nation's capital to celebrate! But because he is a teacher, that meant we had to wait until Thanksgiving to go. No problem, it was still amazing! Here are some pictures from our trip!


Our first stop, Arlington National Cemetery.
Incredible

 The White House
 George Washington's Estate- Mount Vernon
 My cousin Rhett & his now fiance Anne. She was a fantastic tour guide!
 How cute are we?! :)
Visiting all the monuments
Somehow we always end up with a ton of pictures of Drew wherever we are! I told him that our future children will be flipping through our albums one day wondering if mommy even got to go on the trip!
Here is one of the best stops that we made. Georgetown Cupcakes! Also known as DC Cupcakes on TLC. Let me tell you, these cupcakes were fantastic!! And completely worth the wait in line (even though ours wasn't that long!)

You place your order at the counter & they give you a receipt with a number on it. Then the workers box them up for you & call you to come pick them up.







Be jealous! Drew & I split a box of 6. Okay, 4 were for me & he got 2! Our choices were L-R, T-B, strawberry, pumpkin spice, caramel apple, peanut butter fudge, vanilla birthday & another strawberry.
I really can't tell you which one was my favorite! Since I'm not a chocolate eater, I'd say it was a very close tie between the strawberry & pumpkin spice!
Do you see the size of these things?! They have to be huge not to fit in my big mouth!!
 Here's my handsome husband on our last day. We didn't want to leave!! It was a great city & we had an amazing time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment