Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our first offical paid order!! - sunflower cupcakes & football cookies

I was contacted by a friend from work who needed some cupcakes made for some very special people, her grand kids! She needed 9 for a girl, age around 13, & 9 for a boy, age around 8. She requested sunflowers for her granddaughter. Sunflowers hold a special place in my heart because of my Grandfather so I absolutely loved making these & think they are pretty awesome!

Her grandson is an avid Texas (ugh I'm an Aggie!) football fan, and has been having some health issues so we wanted to do something really special for him. We decided that we would mix cupcakes with my super yummy sugar cookies & make him football cupcakes. I wasn't able to construct the cupcakes because they had a two hour drive so I made the pieces & she put them together when she got there. We did cookies in the shapes of footballs and helmets and then grass cupcakes. The idea was to stand the cookie upright in the cupcake. She said there amazing when they came together.


I am still waiting for the final product pictures of the cupcakes with the kids. I'll share them when I get them! I definitely had a VERY satisfied customer! YEA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment