Thursday, June 9, 2011

Presents for Jolie

I LOVE to sew lately, especially for my favorite people, one of them being my niece Jolie! That amazing little girl turned 3 on May 29 so I tried to come up with some really fun things for her! I started with a shirt with her name on it. Because let's face it, she's not going to find anything premade with her name on it!
I really love the way this turned out! Super simple, but very cute :)
I also really love this flower!! I have made them before to stick on a couple of crafts, so I thought it would be a great way to dot her J.
Next, I bought some cute little shorts at Walmart & added a ruffle to the bottom to match the shirt.

I don't have a ruffler foot for my sewing machine so I had to do it a different way. I turned up the tension to high & the stitch length to the longest. You just sew straight down, & it ruffles itself!! It took some practice, but once I got the kinks it out, it was easy!
This was my second shirt. A cupcake! I know, no surprise!! I think it is soo cute! Aunt Kelly might have to make herself a matching one :)
The top of the cupcake is one fabric, the bottom is two, a green underneath the pink. I did a straight stitch around it & added buttons as sprinkles !
And more ruffles, this time on the sleeves! It's like once I started ruffling, I didn't want to stop :)
This was the last shirt I decided to do for the birthday girl because she's turning 3! (obviously)
I LOVE this!! This is the back of the 3 shirt. Stink is Jolie's nickname from Uncle Drew. She laughs & laughs every time he calls her that. I was in the process of making Drew a shirt that says Double Stink but I got the wrong size, so it didn't get finished in time for the party :(
My last present idea, was total last minute! I saw the towel monogramming on a blog I was surfing & had to do it! I thought it was perfect for a little girl fixing to start swim lessons!
Jolie Kay Lankford
So, that's it! It took a lot of time but it was definitely worth it!! Especially when you see a face like this when she opens her Stink shirt!
And mom sent me this picture from yesterday. She was babysitting & Jolie showed up in her custom Aunt Kelly outfit. I can not tell you how excited I am to see her in it! Mom said she was being a total little show off! I love being her aunt!!
I did do the cupcakes for her party, but I haven't had a chance to post them yet. Coming very soon! Think Disney's Tangled!

No comments:

Post a Comment