Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lauren's lingerie shower

Lauren, the bride
Drew's little sister is getting married in May to a friend of mine that I have known, gone to school, & church with my whole life. Small world huh? As one of Lauren's bridesmaids, we gave her a lingerie shower in January to help kick start her wedding events. Because of my new found crafting abilities, I was put in charge of the decorations. It was at her mom's house, so that meant I definitely knew the location & what would or would not work. Here are pictures of most of the things I made. As you can tell, her shower colors were pink and black.
 I decided to decorate using lots of pictures. The center picture is Lauren & Stanley Joe, the bride & groom, surrounded by pictures of Lauren with each of her bridesmaids.
 I saw this cabinet door frame & decided that I would re-create it. I took an old cabinet door, sanded, painted & glazed it to make it look like this. I also drilled holes for the ribbon & glued the picture on a foam board to give it depth.
 I got the idea of for the photo blocks from the blog Brown Paper Packages. Cousin Kaitlyn helped me finish these.
 I think they gave the shower a personal touch!
 I made these lingerie clotheslines out of painted & glittered Terra cotta flower pots, tulle & cut-outs I made with my cricut.
 This picture frame turned memo/picture holder is one of my favorite things! I made one of them for myself when I first saw them here on the blog Tatertots & Jello. Drew & I use ours as a Love note board to each other. Cheesy, yes I know, but it makes me very happy!
Lauren loved the decorations & ended up getting some really good stuff! We had a really fun girls night & all the hostesses got to take home their photo blocks of them & the bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment