Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Valentine's - Part 2, cake pops

The girls at work wanted to know what I was making THEM for Valentine's Day. At first my answer was nothing, but then I decided to try out a new way to shape cake pops. I decided to do some more of the cupcake cake pops, because they are soo cute, but then I also wanted to do some hearts. I first rolled my cake balls, let them chill, then when I took them out, I used a cookie cutter to shape them. The hearts were a little bit of a learning curve, because I had packed them a little thin & then they weren't strong enough to stay on the sticks. Needless to say, I had a couple of them not make it! O well, more for Drew! Here are my Valentine Cake pops that Drew & I divided up & took to work.
  I love the way these cupcake pops turned out! Drew & I like the blue topped ones best.
Here are my Valentine's Day hearts!
 Look yummy right? They were strawberry & cream cheese filled w/ vanilla candy coating. I wrapped them in treat bags & tied them off with pink tulle, but apparently I didn't take a picture of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment